- Our licensed physical therapists have the ability to evaluate and diagnose your symptoms and develop a personalized treatment plan, all from the comfort of your home.
- Your physical therapist can issue, and make updates to, a personalized home exercise plan to keep you on track between visits.
"I am very thankful to have physical therapy from Progressive Physical Therapy by telehealth, using my computer! I can see and hear Jase [my therapist], and he can hear and see me, so we can give each other feedback. The exercises have been wonderful for me in gaining strength and flexibility. I feel so much better physically and mentally. Becoming physically healthier has really improved my mood and lifted my spirit. I highly recommend this kind of therapy to others."
Telehealth therapy options
At Progressive Physical Therapy, your health, mobility and safety are our priority. Telehealth physical therapy is a great way to connect with expert physical therapists for treatment anytime you are unable to visit a center.
What is telehealth physical therapy?
Telehealth physical therapy is provided via a real-time video conferencing platform. A licensed physical therapist will work with you through our online program. It complies with federal privacy standards and you access it conveniently at home. There’s no need to purchase additional equipment or software – all you need is a smartphone, tablet or computer.
When is it appropriate to use telehealth rather than an in-clinic visit?
- If you are unable to secure transportation to your appointment.
- If your condition prevents you from leaving home.
- If you are self-isolating or under quarantine due to COVID-19.
- If you are uncomfortable visiting the clinic for safety or personal reasons.
- Telehealth is not a replacement for traditional clinical care. However, it is a viable alternative and valuable resource for patients to receive quality care in certain circumstances.
Specifics about our telehealth platform:
- The My Medical Hub/Injury Cloud platform is the first all-encompassing cloud portal within the United States to enable secure, real-time treatments for patients dealing with musculoskeletal injuries or conditions.
- It is HIPAA-compliant and user-friendly.
- You can access your documents and home exercise program directly from the portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You’ll receive one-on-one virtual care: personalized exercise programs with demonstrations, real-time feedback, and personalized evaluations to discover any deficits or injury in joints.
- We can perform strengthening exercises, stretches, functional activities, range of motion exercises, and daily-living exercises
- We can treat all joint pain, including knee pain, elbow, shoulder, ankle, hip, and wrist pain. We also treat back pain, neck pain, motor vehicle accident injuries, post-surgical patients, and return-to-work or school injuries.
- In most cases, your insurance plan will cover your telehealth visits with the same copay as a regular in-clinic visit.
- A laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Internet access.
- The secure audio/video platform enables your therapist to assess your movements, demonstrate exercises in real time and instruct you on any necessary corrections for safe, effective treatment.
- Results vary based on individual diagnosis and plan of care.
- Your physical therapist will design a personalized treatment plan to provide you with optimal results carried out in a safe, effective manner.
- You’ll be paired with a licensed physical therapist via our secure, HIPAA-compliant platform. Using your laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you’ll access a live audio/video treatment session. Via the live feed, you’ll be guided through an exercise program tailored to your specific physical therapy needs.
- Schedule a telehealth appointment by visiting https://pptaccess.com/contact/
- Receive an email with instructions and a link to your private, virtual meeting room.
- Choose a private, well-lit area in your home that is free from distractions.
- Click on your personalized link on the designated date and time to join and begin your telehealth physical therapy session.
- Once connected, wait for your physical therapist to appear on the screen. This will begin your visit.
- Your physical therapist can instruct you on common, household items to have handy that will facilitate your exercise regimen.
- Your therapist will be available to help troubleshoot any technical issues, should they arise.